What's New - July, 2001
Saturday July 28, 2001Raven's Ravings(from The Raven Nut Herself)
Hey there all you fan fiction crazed nutballs :) I just wanted to tell you all how great you are and that with your twisted and obsessed addiction to fiction you have help the Beyond Uber site to reach over 658 of forever fun individuals daily by email and our site has gone well over the 250,000 mark.. in only 2 1/2 months....
(sniff, sniff) I love you guys!!!!!!
This has been a ton of fun so thanks for dropping by and staying for a bit we will be here as long as you are here :)
In work news I am was thrilled today when I was set up on my home pc to be able to access my work computer so now.. I can work all the time.. wait a min... um .. well I thought it was a good thing... shucks oh well I have cable at home and all the Xena Videos.. does that count.
Thanks to those that have contacted me about Autographs I still am trying to hunt down for cash or trade a Danielle and Kevin :) So if you hear anything let me know!
Now for exciting and really interesting stuff!
*********Announcement******* Two of my favorite authors have completed another treat for us! Yes Advocate and T Novan have written another WONDERFUL STORY Called : The Road To Glory! Below are the wonderful sites that have posted this story in its entirety RUN do NOT WALK TO THESE SITES FOR A TRUE TREAT!!! ENJOY!!
- The Road To Glory By Advocate and T Novan posted on Mary D's(Beyond Uber Alt)
***** Raven Recommends
- The Road To Glory By Advocate and T Novan posted on Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
ON WITH MORE GREAT FICTION!!!! ****RAVEN RECOMMENDS ALL BELOW!!!!
- That Voodoo That You Do, Part 10 by K. Simpson (ROCFanKat)
posted on The Devil's Workshop(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Beneath The Brambles part 22 & 23 By Lady Savoy posted on her site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Mercy that Sadness Brings
by Pallas posted Mary D's(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Cold The Conclusion By by Midgit posted on Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Snap Shot Book 2 Part 7 By MJ on Acadey of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
Friday July 27, 2001Consider this (from Singer)
It's raining, it's pouring. This is really boring.
It started last night with the lightening show, and has stayed with us throughout the day. (sigh) I know we need the rain. I like what the rain does. Well, except for the mud puddles that the dogs feel somewhat obligated to run through, jump in, and bring into the house. And I just cleaned the downstairs. They've been in most of the day, so as usual, "A" and I are just a bit closer to insanity than we were yesterday. You just have to laugh.
I have a favor to ask. A plea, really. I need for all you avid uber fans to help me find some images. What I'm looking for are images that I can use for my artwork. Nice, romantic, loving, gentle images that portray what we see when we read fanfic. So if you have any, or know of a good source, let me know. Thanks.
I've spent part of the day downloading music videos. I will link to a site that I just found, and you need to go out and see it. There are some great ones there. I especially like the Faith Hill video, "There You'll Be". It's a good one. Oh, and "I Kissed a Girl" is a scream!
And so without any further delay, I bring you... :::drum roll:::
What's New at Beyond Uber:
- Cold part 25 By Midgit posted Midgit's (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Dreams Part 10 By ROCshadow posted ROCshadow's Corner (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Soon to be published...You Must Remember This By MaryD posted MaryD's (Beyond Uber Alt)
This is the sequel to Out of Darkness. You can order this book by clicking the link I have provided. Support our bards. :)
- Song of the Candle By Kamouraskan posted Taiko's Scrolls of the Xenaverse (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Xena Music Videos By CV3 posted Video Compilations (Beyond Uber Alt)
Some awesome vids!!
Thursday July 26, 2001Consider this (from Singer)
Hello all. I must apologize for not getting the update done last night. I was out of town for a funeral, and didn't get back home until well after midnight. I tried to get it done, but I just couldn't see straight. Sorry.
I spent this evening babysitting Angela. It was great. She was great. Did I tell you it was great? Well, it was. She is just a beautiful baby.
Well this will be a short ramble on my part tonight. It is storming pretty bad here, and the lightening show is something to see. My computer is a bit nervous though, so I promised her that I would keep it short. Sooo...
What's New at Beyond Uber:
- Deep Cover Ch. 17 By C Paradee posted C Paradee's Alt Fiction (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Case File 301 By DevenK posted Artist's Haven (Beyond Uber Alt)
This story is now Completed
- Xena 3K The final Story By DevenK posted Artist's Haven (Beyond Uber Alt)
continuing story...reposted ch 1-27 and added ch. 28
- Another Eva/Zoe artwork By Lucia posted Eva & Zoe's (Beyond Uber Alt)
spiffy artwork***Celine likes this one...go check it out.
- Gemini 2 By Teagen2 posted Mary D's (Beyond Uber Alt)
- The Challenge Part 9 By Janet Lynne posted Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Snapshots 2 Part 6 By MJ posted Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Stochastic Resonance Parts 2-conclusion By Barbara Buncle posted Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
- The Road Back Home part 16 By Lynne Norris posted Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Reece's Faith Parts 48&49 By Vertigo posted Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Original Sin part 8 By Malaurie Barber posted Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Coincidental Meetings part2 By Griffin posted Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Obsession By DarkenedKarma posted Lynka's (Beyond Uber Alt)
Completed story...or is it? :)
- Seeing You Again for the First Time part4 By Colleen posted Athenaeum (Beyond Uber Alt)
- The Hunt part 2-conclusion By Teagen2 posted Athenaeum (Beyond Uber Alt)
Tuesday July 24, 2001Random Ramblings (by Celine):
So. How's life? Good? I hope so. Because I worry about you. All 641 of you on the list and untold hundreds more who visit the site. It weighs heavy on my mind. I feel we are all kindred spirits who have bonded via this wonderful thing called uber. So your pain is my pain. Your joy is my joy. Your desire to read every single darned uber out there is also my desire.
We are one.
We are all working toward the greater good. The greater good, of course, is uber and related original fiction. Lots and lots of of it. The writers, the readers, the webmistresses and webmasters... we all have a common goal.
It's a glorious thing.
Or... something like that. I'm tired, you know.
Anyway, moving on... um... there must be *something* I can ramble about...
Oh, hey. AOL users. Your lovely AOL service has been eating up Yahoogroups.com email and spitting it out to an unknown location. So if you haven't been receiving list mail, or if it's been spotty, it's all AOL's fault and *not* Yahoo's. If you need to, get a free email account at someplace like Yahoo.com to receive list mail through. We wouldn't want you to miss any uber updates. That would be bad.
In other news, Tango the Wonder Kitten didn't break too much stuff today, but I did discover he'd chewed through a cord to the mini-blinds on my bedroom window. And he climbed on top of my stereo which is on a high shelf. And he climbed on the hutch in the dining room again. And he almost knocked off my lava lamp. Then he layed on my computer monitor and batted at everything he could reach.
What's New at Beyond Uber:
- A Bondage Primer: 180 Days - Parts 1 through 10 (some revised, some new) By Kodi Wolf posted at her site (Beyond Uber Alt)
Go on a quest of sexual discovery with McKenzie, a young virgin, and Ryan, her soon-to-be Dom, as they explore each other and themselves in this story about two women who fall in love and take the path less travelled towards emotional and sexual fulfillment. Warnings: Contains scenes of graphic sex (BDSM) and harsh language.
- The Blind Side of Love - Part 19 By Dreams posted at her site (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Seeing You Again, For The First Time - Part 4 By Colleen posted at the Athenaeum (Beyond Uber Alt)
Continuing story. *****Raven and Celine Recommend*****
- Seeing You Again, For The First Time - Part 5 By Colleen posted at the Merpup Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
Continuing story. *****Raven and Celine Recommend*****
- Homes Don't Really Exist By R.G. Heller posted at the Athenaeum (Beyond Uber Gen)
- Gemini By Teagen2 posted at the Athenaeum (Beyond Uber Alt)
- The Hunt - Part 2 By Teagen2 posted at the Athenaeum (Beyond Uber Alt)
Continuing story... ??
- The Challenge - Part 10 By Janet Lynne posted at the Merpup Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Past Tense of Love - Part 3 By Denic posted at the Merpup Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
Sunday July 22, 2001Raven's Ravings (by The Wandering Raven):
Good Afternoon All!
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Yes I did go rafting as a matter of fact I got to raft the Royal Gorage and it was great I would highly recommend it!
The best time of year to do this is between end of May and June but the water was still decent and quite fun!
My bruises are healing nicely but believe me the fun was worth it!
Yesterday I went to our annual Renaissance Festival in Larkspur Colorado and that was a treat to see the Lords and Ladies.. especially the Ladies heehe :)
I have a personal request I know many individuals may be selling portions of their Xena collections and I am looking to find a couple of autographs. First let me share with you my tale of woe.
I was lucky enough to go to the second annual Con in Burbank several years ago and actually had a gold ticket so I was able to get all the autographs, Hudson, Danielle, Kevin, Robert Trebor etc and well it was great the very first autographs that I ever ever had. I was thrilled and had them all neatly in my binder of fiction .. well I went to dinner the last night by myself to relax and somewhere along the way from my room to the dining area ... they fell out!
Needless to say I was devastated and it truly ruined my entire trip. I have been dedicated to replacing them over the years and was able to replaced my Hudson and Alexandra by going to other cons but would like to get a Kevin Smith, Danielle, Bruce Campbell and Robert Trebor from a reliable source since there are so many fakes out there. So if anyone knows of a source or is willing to trade or sell please let me know!
Now getting back to fiction enjoy the following offerings :)
- A Place Called Home By d a m n a t i o n posted Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Tempting Trouble Part 3 By Snap posted on Bard Academy(Beyond Uber Alt)
** Raven Recommends
- Mountain of Love By Psyche_b posted Bard Academy(Beyond Uber Alt)
Two women from very different parts of the country are brought together by destiny and love. This is the story of the trouble they go though to be together. Set in the majestic Adirondack Mountains at the turn of the 20th century. A time when survivors of the War between the States still live to rehash old battles.
- With & Without By Jess posted on Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
A short story about the depth of love.
- Stochastic Resonance 1- Conclusion By Barbara Buncle posted Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
Set in the future this one is a Don't MISS
- Our Reunion Part 49 By Jenah posted on Acadey of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Reece's Faith 48-49 By Vertigo posted on Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Okaaay By RI posted on Athenaeum(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Love's Last Yearning By Balticbard posted on Athenaeum(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Tales of Two Part 4 Book 3 By K. Darblyne and Wolfdragon posted Amazon Nation(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Saved From The Darkness 10 - Conclusion By Tiggster posted Tiggster Temple (Beyond Uber Alt)
This wonderful story is finally finished for those that missed this one.. it is now complete for your enjoyent!
- Adventures in Dust Trade Part 9 By WolfDragon posted Mary D's(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Personal Assistant Part 35 by Kat posted by on Mary D's(Beyond Uber Alt)
Continuing this hot story..its been a bit you might want to start from the beginning .. HOT STUFF
July 17, 2001Random Ramblings (by Celine)
No... that's not a reference to Missy Good's X/G stories ("Booboobooboo good!" *sigh* I love her stories... but I digress). It's my way of saying "hi" to y'all... haven't rambled recently, so I thought I'd give it a shot tonight. Many thanks to Singer for her awesome posting work during the week.
Before we go any further, I have an important special announcement from our lovely Beyond Uber editor, Raven:Okay, so there's more. I'm not sure if she wanted the whole thing posted or not, but I'm gonna do it, anyway. As an FYI, she went rafting on Thursday as part of a company group thang. Well. I think that last bit says it all. Thank you, Raven, for your informative and sympathetic pain inducing report.
In me news, I've been doin' the sick thang again... but on the plus side, I had some time to read. I read Creme Brulee's "Cooking On High" and absolutely adored it. So if you haven't already read it, find it at:
Today as I was traveling around on the Purple Plaything I saw a license plate which started with the letters "WFC". This, of course, made me immediately think of the Xena ep "When Fates Collide." And I have seen a license plate starting with "XWP"... and several with "XPW" -- this always makes me think somebody got the order of the letters wrong and I have the desire to fix it.
I need a hobby.
Oh, wait... that would be what I'm doing now, wouldn't it? Huh. Silly me.
In Tango the wonder kitten news, here's a short recap of the trouble he's been into on Friday alone: He's climbed the screen door at least 4 times, he climbed on top of the hutch in the dining room -- which is well over 6 feet tall -- and wouldn't come down, and he's dragged various items out of the garage into the house... two glue sticks, some silk leaves (my mother's a part-time florist) but we have no clue where exactly they came from, etc... and he tried to play with the guinea pig again.
My other two cats have gotten into trouble exactly zero times today. Tango must think he has to make up for the other two. And several others.
You know, Tango will be 11 months old at the first of the month. He's still a little skinny runt compared to the other kitties. Maybe he's suffering from an inferiority complex due to his diminutive size. Or maybe he's just a pain in the... uh, behind.
NOTE - Short update tonight, as I can't get through to most of the sites to get the update info.
- The Road Back Home - Part 16 By Lynne Norris posted at Migit's (Beyond Uber Alt)
Continuing story. (repost since last night's link didn't work properly.)
- Gossamer Episode 83: Windows to the Soul Posted at the Gossamer site (Beyond Uber)
Kris Hollingsworth spends quality time with a man she can't have, makes a life-altering decision, and gets the shock of her life. Clifton O'Connor gives the shock of his life. (note - Gossamer is going on hiatus until November while the author writes a Xena story.)
- Snap Shots II - Chapter 6 By MJ posted at the Merpup Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
Continuing story. *****Celine Recommends*****
- Tale of Two - Part 4 By K. Darblyne and WolfDragon posted at Amazon Nation (Beyond Uber Alt)
Friday July 20, 2001Consider this (from Singer)
Hello all! Well, we spent the day cleaning and catching up on all the things that we just tend to put off. I finally got all the Switzerland pics scanned in and am almost finished with the con pics. Yes, I said the con pics. See Raven, I told you I get them done before the next con. :) As soon as I get them done, I'll be picking out the best ones, and we'll be putting them up on the site.
I've also been listening to music all day. I work better when the music is going. Loreena McKennitt and Holly Smith make great work companions. If you haven't heard of Holly Smith, and you like Irish music...go find her. You won't regret it. I promise.
I wanted to thank everyone who sent me some great remedies for poison ivy. "A" really appreciates it!
In non-related news... Oh! Everything I type is non-related, isn't it? Hmmm... Can you tell that I just type whatever hits me?
Guess what?!? "A" just brought me some popcorn. Isn't that sweet? She'd popped some for herself, and just put some in a bowl for little ol' me. I feel so taken care of. She's the greatest!
Anyway, on with good stuff...
- The Road Back Home Part 16 By Lynne Norris posted Midgit's (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Personal Assistant part 35 By Kat posted ForevaXena (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Seeing You Again for the First Time part 4 By Colleen posted ForevaXena (Beyond Uber Alt)
Thursday July 19, 2001Consider this (from Singer)
How's everyone? I know you are all wondering how I am, so I'll tell you. I'm feeling just fine. It's been a good day. I cleaned a bit, read a bit, and found some really cool places on the web that will teach me a few neat things. Exciting, huh?
I think I've decided to put the classes at the local university on hold for a while. They aren't teaching me what I want to know, so I'm out looking for some alternatives. I guess I'm tired of putting out a ton of money to learn what they want to teach me.
Not a whole lot happening in my neck of the woods today. It's actually kind of boring. Sad, really. It was one of those days when you just do stuff, and wonder what else there is to do. I even cleaned the T.V. today. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a bit more exciting. Of course, I could tell "A" that I'm bored, and I'm sure she could come up with another project for us. Whadda you think?
:::Singer walks into "A"'s office.
"Hey "A", whatcha up to?"
"Not much. You?"
"Same here. Ya' know...I'm kinda bored."
:::"A" jumps up and down with glee:::
"I was hoping you'd say that! You see, I have this great idea. Why don't we build an obstacle course for the dogs, and train them? We could go on one of those dogs shows on tv. What do you say?"
:::Singer runs screaming from the room:::
Just kidding. "A" would never do that. I just thought it sounded funny.
This is another short update. It seems that the UFFD is acting funky again, at least it was for me, and I couldn't access it.
Anyway, on to the updates.
- The Blind Side of Love part 18 By Dreams posted Midnight Island (Beyond Uber Alt)
continuing story***Dream's description...What is it about? Um ... Basically there's an in-the-closet Hollywood actress, a struggling artist on the other side of the country, chauvinistic boyfriends, controlling step-fathers, the internet, dead grandmothers,angels, Nuyoricans, zany best friends .. and lots and lots of coffee.
- Stochastic Resonance Prologue By Barbara Buncle posted The Academy (Beyond Uber Alt)
continuing story***This one is a futuristic tale. Not necessarily uber, but intriguing none the less.
- The Challenge Part 8 By Janet Lynne posted The Academy (Beyond Uber Alt)
continuing story***This story contains spoilers to the series finale of X:WP.
- The Real Story of Adam and Eve By E. Mills posted The Anti-Pulitzer Page (Beyond Uber Alt)
Completed story *** This is just a fun little read. I enjoyed this one.
Wednesday July 18, 2001Consider this (from Singer)
Well, here we are again. Just sitting around waiting to update you guys with all the new fiction. Except...it's been kinda slow. Don't you just hate it when real life interferes? I sure do. With all the traveling, babies being born, and doggie adventures, I've had little or no time to play with my images. Darn! Here's hoping that the bards are able to get back to work and regale us with new tales very soon.
Oh, here's some info you might be interested in. It seems that Alexandria Tydings and Claudia Christian are working on a new show. Here's the cross post...
The following comes from Holly who is the webmaster for Claudia Christian (Ivanova from B5)
Hello everybody, Well I've got a job for you. Many of you are fans of Claudia Christian and Alex Tydings. They've been involved in developing a show called Hourglass. The website is http://www.hourglass1.com We've just put it up and now it needs visitors. Why? They've got a big meeting on Thursday with some folks from MGM. One of the things they are taking is a sheet with statistics in it. The idea is that if we get enough hits in a short period of time, it will show that the show already has potential because it's got a built in audience. There's not very much time but I know we can do this. So I invite you to take the challenge and show these people that fans do have the power and care about what they see on TV. Thanks and any questions you may have you can always email me, at firstname.lastname@example.org
This show sounds really cool. It's about these two friends who are working on traveling to the future, only to end up in the past...and on the adventure of their lives. Go out to the web page and show your support.
In new baby news: I stayed with my sister-in-law for several hours the other night while my brother was being the best man at a wedding. I had a wonderful time with the baby. She had grown a bit fussy, and all my attempts with the "soothing pacifier" were fruitless. Finally, I picked her up and began the "bounce the baby back to sleep" maneuver. It didn't work. So I took her into the darker, quieter nursery and tried the bouncy thing again. Nope! So I looked down at her and began to hum. She immediately looked up at me and quieted down. She just kept staring at me with those big blue eyes...and I was hooked. She did NOT get put back into the bassinet again. :::GRIN::: I loved every moment of it.
In puppy news: THEY'RE INSANE!!!!
In other news: We're insane, too. Just thought I'd share that with you.
Ok, on with the update...
- Adventures in the Dust Trade Part 8 By WolfDragon posted Mary D's (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Mordida Part 8 By Bel-wah posted Mary D's (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Xena Lawless By Magenta posted The AURYN (Beyond Uber Alt)
continuing story ***this is the first in the Reel Life series. Very interesting idea, here***
- YAXI: Or Once More with Feeling By Magenta posted The AURYN (Beyond Uber Alt)
continuing story ***this is the second in the Reel Life series.
- Ms. O'Conner Goes to Washington Part 3 By S. Lee posted Royal Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
- The Foundlings By GabGold posted Tigg's Xenaverse (Beyond Uber Alt)
Completed story in two parts
- An Artist's Haven A great site by DevenK
A really cool site with fanfic and original fiction. Cool graphics are in good supply.
Titles to watch for are: Dark Seduction (way beyond Uber) is complete and has ms word files for downloading. This is a work of erotica, for adults only.
The Bond Series, and others. Visit this site.
Tuesday July 17, 2001Raven's Ravings (by The Wandering Raven):
Good Evening :)
Well folks I think we need to help inspire the bards out there the well has been a bit dry lately and the wonderful fiction below should keep you out of trouble for a bit :)
** Bards if you have new stories posted PLEASE email me with the latest address and if you can include a summary I will be happy to list it here as well. Help me keep all your faithful readers informed of your works! Thanks again to all you talented folks that keep us busy here at Beyond Uber! Now on with the fiction!!!
Raven's Ravings (by The Wandering Raven):
- The Burning Tree 1-6 by Karen Malevich posted on Karen's Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
****Don't Read At Work Warning :) This is the story of Logan Kendrick who literally run into a bundle of trouble by the name of Frith. This is an exciting and erotic tale that you won't want to miss.. This story is complete and comes from the author of Working Lunch.. not to be missed ;)
- Tales of Two part 3 By K. Darblyne and Wolfdragon posted on the Amazon Nation(Beyond Uber Alt)
Book Three from the Healing Touch Series.. This is another winner folks..
- Ms O'Connor Goes to Washington Part 3 By S Lee posted Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
Monday July 16, 2001Raven's Ravings The Wandering Raven:
Well howdy folks!! It's been a busy busy time for all of us at Beyond Uber and we hope get a lot of work done in the next three weeks. I for one am looking forward to spending more time reading and playing with the site ;) I also apologize to those that have been trying to get in touch with me over the past month but with me coming and going so much many emails my mail box has been more then overwhelming and believe me that I truly appreciated them but have been under the gun at work with tough deadlines .. and I fell completely behind in my personnel life.
I am thrilled that we have over 628 people signed up for our daily emails and if your not well come on down.. we only post updates .. just think no muss no fuss daily Uber updates direct to you each day :) We also have gotten over 200,000 hits in the past two months.. WOW!! I am thrilled that you enjoy the site and please if you have not signed out guest book please stop by it is a thrill to find out where all you Uber Fiction nuts come from :)
With having a bit of time to spurce up the joint if anyone out there has suggestions, or if you know HTML and have hours to have fun.. well give me a hollar.
If anyone knows of great music videos please let me know and I will be happy to post those notices to our site as well!!
Now I only have a few stories for you this evening but I think you will enjoy these offerings!! Enjoy!!!!
- MYSTI'S GIRLS: Happy Valentine's Day by Sam Ruskin
posted on the Crysanium(Beyond Uber Alt)
- MYSTI'S GIRLS: What Max Was Up To by Sam Ruskin posted on the Crysanium(Beyond Uber Alt)
- The Foundlings
by GabGold posted ForevaXena(Beyond Uber Alt)
Sunday July 15, 2001Raven's Ravings (by The Wandering Raven):
Gooooood Morning Folks!!!.. looking for fiction well we got FICTION! We got some short stories and some medium stories and a whopper listing for you!
***First a bit of an announcement!
The Orlando Pups are tentatively planning a one day BardCon to be held in Orlando during Memorial Day weekend of next year. We have decided to hold the event at Coronado Springs Resort on Walt Disney World property. We have put together a survey to see if there is interest in this particular event and in some other activities we have thought about as well.
Please take a min and answer the survey this could be another great opportunity to mix and mingle with those beloved bards :)
If you have any questions you can direct them to email@example.com
- At Your Word Part 2 By Phair1 posted on Tigg's Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Download Chapter 22 By Jules Matthews on Tigg's Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Strippin Part 14 - 16 By LJ Anderson posted on Tigg's Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- White Nights Chapters 36-37 By Minerva posted on Tigg's Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Fragments Part 2 By Grit Jahning's posted ForevaXena(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Homes Don't Really Exist by R.G. Heller posted Acadamy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
- ENGRAVINGS OF WRAITH by Kiera Dellacroix
(473 pages ) posted on Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
Riveting tale about a very world weary very deadly assassin who wants to regain a normal life and the chance of a future with the woman who has given her a reason to live.
- The Hapless Romantic By Creme Brulee posted Celestial Buffet(Beyond Uber Alt)
No one ever said falling in love was easy. Or graceful.
Friday July 13, 2001Consider this (from Singer)
Whew what a day!
Poor "A" had to go waaaay out of town for her brother, and just didn't really enjoy herself. She'd already been out there yesterday, but the guy she was to meet never showed. She was not happy then, either. So, she goes out today and comes home telling me she may have gotten into some poison ivy. Now, I'm not happy. She gets poison ivy, and it stays forever. This is NOT a good thing.
Next disaster...Kiwi (our male dog) decides he's going to copy Dakota, and dig his way under the dog house. He gets stuck. The house weighs at least 700 pounds. We have to dig him out. It gets better. I'm SUPPOSED to be on my way to the hospital to help take my sister-in-law and new niece home. But what am I doing? I'm digging under the freaking doghouse. The one that weighs a whole lot. Ironically, we'd just returned from Home Depot where we bought 50 concrete stone to line the doghouse with so the dogs couldn't get stuck again. Great timing, huh?
Finally I get to the hospital. AK (Angela Kaylene) is sooooo cute! I do the video thing for them, and then rush home to get "A" and we're off to visit some friends.
So, now I'm home...listening to the banshees bark their little heads off.
Another slow night. Either no one is posting, or I'm missing something. So, It's seems to be another short update tonight. Sorry.
That was my day. Wanna trade? Anyone? Oh well. Ok, on with the show...
- Honor Among Thieves Part 2 By Sage posted Heartbrkn's Place (Beyond Uber Alt)
Thursday July 12, 2001Consider this (from Singer)
I'm here again. I have lizards on my office wall. No, I don't live in Florida and I don't have an amphibian infestation. I bought these really cool steel lizards when we were in Florida. They're small and hand painted in these awesome bright colors. I just love them. One is purple and blue. Another is orange and black. The last one is in a rainbow of colors. They're just so cute hanging out on my wall. They look like they're playing. Should I name them? I think I should. I just can't come up with some really cool names. Wanna help? Let me know.
In puppy news, they still live. After another day of keeping them inside, they are lucky to still be breathing. Xena is the worst. She has to be in your face and licking at all times. My face was never this clean before they came. Why do dogs like lotion? I shower, and take the time to moisturize, only to have them want to lick it all off as soon as I come into the room. SIGH!
In air-conditioner news, it works. Too well. My office is freezing. Here we are in the middle of summer, and I end up wearing sweats around the house. But at least I'm not sweating away to nothing.
In update news, there seems to be a shortage of new stuff that I could find. The UFFD was down (at least for me) so I guess it will be a short one tonight.
There's no other news right now, except that Raven is now in Atlanta. She's so sweet. She called to congratulate me on my new status as an aunt. With that said, on with the show...
- First Part 7 By Kim Pritekel posted Royal Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
Wednesday July 11, 2001Consider this (from Singer)
Well, I seem to have made my way back. After all the traveling, I can honestly say that there is no place like home. Don't get me wrong...I enjoy all the experiences that I have had, but I do so appreciate the comforts of home. Like my own pillow. Pillows in Switzerland are flatter than my...uh, never mind. :)
So, I'm sitting in my office today, working on my computer, and waiting to call Celine. She's gonna teach me to do a few things with the site. The phone rings for the 5th time in 30 minutes. I sigh and pick it up. It's my mother. It seems that my sister-in-law has decided to have her baby. So I'm off! I have the camera, my iced tea, my book, and the pink and purple cow thing I bought for the baby. Am I ready, or what? So I get there, and wait with the rest of my family for the blessed moment when I will become an aunt for the first time. And we wait. Then, we wait some more. Finally, she arrives. Little Angela Kaylene was born at 3:58 this afternoon. She weighed 6.2 pounds and measured 19.5 inches. She's pretty cute...for a newborn. So, I'm an aunt.
I would like to interrupt your regularly scheduled uber-program to thank someone who has worked very hard these past several weeks to keep us up and running. While Raven and I have been everywhere but home, Celine has worked her head off keeping things going. Thank you, Celine for taking up the enormous slack we left you with.
And so, without further adieu:
- Coup de Grace Part 3 The City of Memory By Vivian Darkbloom posted Mary D's (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Gemini By Teagen2 posted Mary D's (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Our Reunion Ch. 48 By Jenah posted Mary D's (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Adventures in the Dust Trade Part 7 By WolfDragon posted Mary D's (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Happy Captives By FlyBigD posted Mary D's (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Home Sweet Home aka A Full House for the Hellcat By Barbara Davies posted Mary D's (Beyond Uber Alt)
Completed story in 3 parts***this is the 5th novelette in a series of westerns.
Tuesday July 10, 2001Random Ramblings (by Celine):
I'm not all that old, am I? 27 isn't over the hill, is it? My almost 14-year-old niece's birthday is in a few days, so I called her today to ask what she wanted and was given a whole list of CDs she wants. Some of them I've heard of. Some of them I like. Some of them I've heard of but don't like. But some of them...
Well, I guess it would help if I listened to the radio once in a while. It's not the music that's the problem... I can't stand the DJs and the commercials. Quite truthfully, I keep up on current music by downloading MP3s. If I like those, I buy the CDs.
Anyway, harkening back to my original point -- am I old? Out of touch? Am I the weakest link? Should I buy a shawl and sit in a rocking chair while I talk about the good ol' days which really weren't good ol' days but they are if I say they are? Do I have to start sentences with, "Why, in my day..."?
Goddess, I hope not. That would suck. You know, come to think of it, I bought a silver thumb ring with peace symbols on it today and I am presently listening to an Everclear CD, so obviously I am just the coolest of cool. I don't know what I was so worried about. ;)
In Tango the Wonder Kitten news, he didn't steal anything today, but he did try to climb in the giant bag of dry cat food I brought home today. That would have been messy.
Note to Rocky -- your kittens are absolutely adorable! Thanks for the picture. :)
- Engravings of Wraith By Kiera Dellacroix posted at the Merpup Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
A woman of reluctant violence learns about life and love. Complete.
- The Challenge - Part 5 By Janet Lynne posted at the Merpup Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Seeing You Again for the First Time - Part 4 By Colleen posted at the Merpup Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
Continuing story. *****Raven and Celine Recommend*****
- Tales of Two - Part 2 By K. Darblyne and WolfDragon posted at Amazon Nation (Beyond Uber Alt)
Monday July 9, 2001Random Ramblings (by Celine):
... And so it came to pass that our lovely Beyond Uber editor Raven chose to veg on this night, thereby passing the sacred mantle of posting to Celine, the Queen of Rambling...
In Beyond Uber site and list news, the what's new page on the site has had over 215,000 visitors, and the list has 623 members. My goodness. Have I told you guys how much you rock recently? Because you very definitely rock. You're all insane, of course, but you also are very cool.
In eeeeeewwwwwwww!!! news, I've been cleaning my bedroom. I mean *really* cleaning, which means I've been going through *everything* and sorting and throwing stuff away and more sorting and so on. I hate cleaning.
In Tango the Wonder Kitten news, he's turned into quite the little thief. This morning he stole a sausage from the counter while I was eating breakfast. Not only did he steal it, he also ate part of it before it was taken away from him. He also stole a stack of plastic cups the other day and hid them behind the couch. He stole one of my pens the other day (again) and took it out in the garage (again). And we shall not forget him stealing part of the toilet paper roll... and my Palm stylus... a ball of twine... and so on.
Maybe I should have named him Autolycus, after the king of thieves himself. It seems only fitting.
In me news, something momentous happened... I actually watched a movie. Those who know me know I never do this, even though I have every intention of actually doing it. I've stopped renting movies because of my long history of renting them and then neglecting to watch them before they have to be returned. But I've had the opportunity to buy some DVDs at very good (cheap) prices, so I did. And I actually watched one of them! This is so exciting, you have no idea.
I watched "Charlie's Angels" at Raven's recommendation... and of course I loved it. And it's not just because I think Drew Barrymore is adorable.
Okay, maybe it is. ;) I presently have four more DVDs I own but haven't watched. I should do that sometime.
In concert news, it turns out I'm going to go see the country group Lonestar next month when they play Salem, OR. My father is a *big* fan of theirs and he's paying for the tickets, so I'm goin'. There will be seven of us there... my sister and her brood, my parents, and me.
In music news, I'd taken to take a moment to say Melissa Etheridge is awesome. I just wanted to share that profound thought. Thank you for your time.
- Gossamer Episode 81: Points of No Return Posted at the Gossamer site (Beyond Uber)
Kyle Curtis tries to gain a favor. Edward Hollingsworth takes a step closer to the line. Molly Crenshaw makes a life altering call.
- Beck McCoy's Day Off: Part 1-4 By R. McCoy posted on her site(Beyond Uber Alt)
Summary pending. Continuing story.
- Beck McCoy's Day Off: Part 5 By R. McCoy posted her site (Beyond Uber Alt)
- Dreaming in Reality By J. Obra (Mythe) posted at her Site (Beyond Uber Alt)
A FBI Agent woke up and realized that her life was now one weird nightmare. She uses all her strength to try and save herself from a dark entity that's terrorizing her. Will she survive the horror that surrounds her and find the truth behind the chaos? This looks VERY interesting.. stay tuned! (from Raven)
Sunday July 8, 2001Raven's Ravings (by The Wandering Raven):
Howdy!.. Hope you all are enjoying the wonderful fiction that the bards have been feeding us lately. I have a few great ones listed below and some long awaited conclusions!
Just a note due to the mass amount of fiction produced daily and the fact that unfortunely I have to work any story that is recommended mainly indicates I have read it and throughly enjoyed it. If a writer wishes to send me or my crew a sneakpeak prior to posting this helps us to do a summary and review prior to announcing.
Now on with the fiction....
- Odd Jobs Part 1 By RacerX posted Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
Raven Highly Recommends *** Don't Read at Work Warning***
- Happy Captives By Fly BigD posted on Mary D's(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Petal of the Rose 19-End By LJ Maas posted Mary D's(Beyond Uber Alt)
***Raven Highly Recommends .. Keep the great work LJ ;)
- A Place Called Home By d a m n a t i o n posted pm Damnations Realm(Beyond Uber Alt)
- The Challenge Part 11 Conclusion By Janet Lynne posted her site(Beyond Uber Alt)
Saturday July 7, 2001Raven's Ravings (by The Wandering Raven):
Well I hope you all have had a great week and to top it off I have a bunch of great fiction for your pleasure!
Oh and I have found some Music Video treats for you all as well enjoy and don't forget to thank those Bards and Talented folks who keep up so busy!!!
- A Different Kind Of Journey Great Music Video Xena and Fin 2 ;)
***Raven Highly Recommends
- Stone Pillers NEW MUSIC VIDEO
***Raven Highly Recommends***
- Snap Shot Book 2 Part 3-4 By MJ posted on Tiggs Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Passions By Damnation posted on Tiggs Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Meadow By Eveh posted Tiggs Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- White Nights 30-33 By Minerva posted on Tiggs Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Mountain Love 3 By Author posted Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- What Goes on Behind Closed Doors 6 By Infinitely Abstruse posted Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
Keep your eyes on this story folks!
- Change of Heart Part 12 Conclusion By Kawai posted Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Considerable Appeal Part 8 By KM posted on Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
***Raven Highly Recommends .. More please!! ;)
- This Lonely Life by Auntie Beth posted on Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
About a musician named Laken and a conversation one night in a bar.
- First By Kim Pritekel posted Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Reece's Faith part 45-47 By Vertigo posted on Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Vigilante Part 2 By Blitzgal posted on Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Homecomming and The Challenge (Up to Chapter 10) By Janet Lynne posted Janet's Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
*** Raven Recommends Both
Homecomming : A violent attack brings together Janna Norden, a rock musician-turned photographer and Ryan Zamora, a tough Cop. Though as different as night and day, light and dark, these two women discover and rekindle a timeless love and a bond that has existed throughout the ages. A romantic story of emotional and spiritual awakening. This story contains explicit descriptions of loving, consensual sex between two women, and scenes of violence.
The Challenge: Book Two: The Challenge Ryan and Janna continue their journey of romantic and spiritual awakening, and begin a family together, but find their love and their bond challenged by a serious incident. This story contains explicit descriptions of loving, consensual sex between two women, and scenes of violence.This story also contains hurt/comfort elements.
- Injustice By Dimples posted ForevaXena(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Ancient Amazon Secrets By Dreamweaver posted on The Athenaeum
- Reece's Faith Part 45-47 By Vertigo posted on Vertigo's World(Beyond Uber Alt)
Wednesday July 4, 2001Raven's Ravings (by The Wandering Raven):
Happy Forth of July!
Hope you all got to go out and enjoy the day a bit. After all my travels I have been lucky enough to have visted Boston and Washington D.C. and I must say this has helped revive my spirit of what the Forth of July means to me and the blessing it is to live in this country and the sacrifices it took to bring us to the point of actually enjoying this great day of celebration and freedom. .... we need to count our blessing each day and thank those unknown souls that came before us.
Ya ya .. I know too mushy but what can I say I have been hit with a bat one too many times ;)
Well with all that mumbling I have some great fiction for you to enjoy, things have been a bit slow lately so remember to thank your bards and encourage their works! Now on with the fiction!!
- Broken Silence By: Teagen2 posted Mary D's(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Strippin Part 10-11 By LB Anderson posted Athenaeum(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Just One Of Those Things Part 6 By Mavis Applewater posted Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Broken Homes Part 29 Conclusion By Lois Cloarec Hart posted on Lois Lair(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Play it again Sam Part 5-Epilogue By Ali Vali posted What's Ya Poison?(Beyond Uber Alt)
***Raven Highly Recommends
- First Part 6 By Kim Pritekel posted Eternal Soulmates(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Scars Part 9 By DJ Wood posted on Tiggs Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- At Your Word By Phair1 posted on Tiggs Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Knowing Me, Knowing You By Jaden's posted Tiggs Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Past and Present By Niki posted on Tiggs Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Vigilant Part 1 by Blitzgal posted on Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
**Keep an eye on this one folks!
- Challenge Part 3 (Sequal to Homecomming By Janet Lynne Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Linger Part 6 By Minerva posted Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
- White Nights 12 By Minerva posted Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
Tuesday July 3, 2001Raven's Ravings (by The Wandering Raven):
Hope you all slept well cause we got some great uber for you to read today!
So Why Delay! On With the Fiction!!
- Strength of Heart Part 8-9 By Carrie Carr posted on Carrie's Crossing(Beyond Uber Alt)
***Raven and Celine Highly Recommend
- Cold Part 24 By Midgit posted on Midgit's(Beyond Uber Alt)
***Raven Highly Recommends
- Tale of Two By K. Darblyne and Wolfdragon posted on Amazon Nation(Beyond Uber Alt)
***Raven Highly Recommends
- The Challenge Part 2 By Janet Lynne posted Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
- A Change of Heart Part 11 By Kawai's posted Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Petal of the Rose 18 By LJ Maas posted Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
***Raven Highly Recommends
- Just One OF Those Things Part 6 By Vavis Applewater posted Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
***Raven Highly Recommends
- Insights (one of three story arc) By Idryth posted on Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Realization (two of three story arc ) By Idryth posted on Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
Kris and Sam have come to terms with what they mean to each other, now can everyone else?
- Emotion (three of three story arc ) By Idryth posted Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
Will the danger that seems to haunt their every step continue to plague them? Read Emotion to find those answers and more.
Monday July 2, 2001Random Ramblings (by Celine, the Absent Rambling Queen): Sorry about the lack of update over the weekend. See, just as I was about to do the posts I was abducted by bright purple aliens wearing leisure suits. Yeah, that's it. And they performed strange experiments on me, like testing my reflexes when they bonked me on the head with nerf bats. But the really bad part was they were singing disco songs... off key. It was horrible.
Actually, I just sort of zoned out for a few days. I apologize for not posting and I shall punish myself severely for doing so. My punishment? Um... oh, yeah. I won't allow myself to read uber for a full five minutes. It will be tough, but one must do what one must do.
I've discovered a cute little online game called Psychobabble at http://www.popcap.com. It's a take off of the poetic magnets where you compete with others to make silly sentences from a set group of words and then everyone votes for their favorite. Of course, in the NC17 rooms the sentences get a little more... interesting. :)
In computer news, I ordered a printer/scanner/copier thingie for my mother the other day from Staples.com. When it came on Friday it was obviously used and had what appears to be an example copy stuck in the top of it... it was a weird yellow and green and had someone's name and address on it, as it was a copy of a magazine cover. I'm guessing the weird copy is why it was sent back. So I called Staples and they didn't have an explanation as to why they sent me someone else's returned product. Me thinks I might not be using them again.
In awesome bards news, Carrie Carr and her very spiffy partner AJ have redesigned Carrie's site to make things easier to find. It's very cool. Wanna see?
- Deep Cover - Chapter 16 By C Paradee posted at her site (Beyond Uber Alt)
Continuing story. *****Raven and Celine Highly Recommend*****
- Flashpoint By ArdentTly posted at the Merpup Academy of Bards (Beyond Uber Alt)
3rd in the Abby/Zeen series.
Sorry for the delay in posting but it has been one crazy month! I finally have a bit to rest ended up enjoying my own state this weekend with a brief trip up to Buena Vista to camp and go horsy back riding! I had a good time and am sore as hell!
But to make you feel important I will have you know I have yet to completely unpack and clean my home with is now known as home base considering all my travels. So just for you I am sitting here gathering all your favorite fiction!.
It has been so long if any of you have read some major winners please email me and let me know I have a ton to catch up on!
In Celine news.. well I don't hear from her much myself lately.. I know I miss her ramblings.. and if you do too send her words of encouragement and good thoughts. I know she has been a bit under the weather and hope for her to be her perky ole self soon :) I mean really who am I going to bug, bother and pester! My true joy in life! Ah well...
In Singer new.. well I don't actually know where she is at the moment! I know I miss her pics and if you do as well give her a hollar! It seems to be a busy time for us all so all the encouragement helps us set our priorities! ;)
**** Announcement From Callie: ....Well a week has passed since the dramatic ending to XWP and I am saddend by the way TPTB decided to end it after six wonderful years but Xena & Gabrielle will continue on in their adventures through the stories written by the bards. This site will stay and I will continue to do requests for fanfiction covers as long as they are still wanted. I have heard that NCBi will be shutting down some services soon and Im not sure how much longer I will be able to upload to this site...I do however have a mirror site which is up and running Calli's Creations and I suggest you bookmark that site soon just in case.
Now for the two new covers which I have just finished. The first is for a short story about Ares and Xena called Letting Go by Sarah Miller and the second is a Uber called Deep Cover by C. Paradee.
All This And More Of Callie's Wonderful Works Can Be Found At :
Her Mirror Site is at : Callie Mirror Site
Now on with some great fiction! Keep them comming oh great bards out there and if you can email myself, Celine and Singer we will post as quickly as possible! I hope that July will be an easier month on all of us!
- Turn Of The Wheel By Ellianora posted on ForevaXena(Beyond Uber Alt)
- The Swan And The Scorpion By Ellianora posted ForevaXena(Beyond Uber Alt)
Sequal to Turning of the Wheel
- The Headmistress By Felioness posted on The Athenaeum(Beyond Uber Alt)
*** A Raven Highly Recommends!! HOT!! Don't Read at Work Warning!!!!! ;)
- You're Mine, Lassiter part III By Fantasy posted on The Athenaeum(Beyond Uber Alt)
- The Odd Couple Part 4 By Sarkel on The Athenaeum(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Just One Of Those Things Part 5 By Mavis Applewater posted Bard Academy(Beyond Uber Alt)
****Raven Highly Recommends***
- Dark Seduction Part 19-20 By DK posted on her site(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Gossamer Episode 80
Kyle Curtis makes a new friend. Lisa Hollingsworth has a long overdue talk with her brother-in-law. Edward Hollingsworth hatches a plan.
- Cold Part 23 By Midgit posted on Midgits Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
*****Raven Highly Recommends!!!
- Snap Shots
PART 2 CHAPTER 3
By MJ posted on Academy of Bards(Beyond Uber Alt)
***Raven Highly Recommends***
- Adventures in the Dust Trade Part 10 Conclusion By WolfDragon posted on Amazon Nation(Beyond Uber Alt)
****Raven Highly Recommends
- White Nights Part 12 By Minerva posted on Minerva's Place(Beyond Uber Alt)
- The Blind Side of Love By Dreams posted on Midnight Island(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Home Sweet Home (aka A Full House for the Hellcat.) By Barbara Davies posted Site(Beyond Uber Alt)
The fifth story in the Hellcat series, continuing series of Zee and Christie.
***Raven Recommends*** **Review By Terry *Thanks!!
- Passions of the Soul By Damnation (Beyond Uber Alt)
- I've Seen the Light and Dark By J Falconer posted on ForevaXena(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Halfway to My Heart Chapter 35 Epiloque By By Brigid Doyle posted Mary D's(Beyond Uber Alt)
- Cooking On High By Creme Brulee posted Athenaeum(Beyond Uber Alt)
***Emily Highly Recommends!!
Review of "Cooking On High", by Crème Brulee
Just from the title and the author's pen name, one knows they're in for a nutty good time. And it doesn't fail to deliver. The writing is superb, and that's the main strength of the story, but not it's only one. French, the tall-dark-and-chefly, runs her restaurant, the Bachanal, with an iron (and neurotic) first. Fry (real name Violet) Spark is a townie, working the summer away as a waitress for a greasy hole-in-the-wall dive when circumstances end up landing her a job at French's place. Mayhem ensues, most of it food related, and sparks (har har) fly as the two first butt heads and then eventually (and inevitably) other body parts. There's so much sexual tension for so long in this story, that by the time they finally got together, I was screaming profanities and lobbing cheetos at my monitor. But in a good way. In the meantime, there's a murder to be solved, evil plans to be foiled (who knew the culinary industry could be so cut throat?), and really great base to be cooked. Guaranteed to get your mouth watering (eyes too), and not just from the food references.